Friday, June 13, 2014

Purge-athon - Part 1 - It's ON!

It starts tomorrow.  I look forward to this all year long:  the best week of the whole year!

It's time once again for the annual family camping/biking trip!  This vacation has everything:
- 50-mile daily bike rides
- group tent sleeping
- yummy camp food
- port-a-potties
- public showers...

Yep.  This vacation has everything... except ME!

Poor me.  I stay home all by myself.  I stay home and do no cooking, no cleaning, no carpooling, no shopping, no housework at all.  I stay home and spend an entire week working like a fiend on a project of my choosing, something I never have time to do the other 51 weeks of the year.

One year I cleaned out the garage.  Got rid of junk, reorganized all the tools and gardening stuff, painted the walls, ceiling, trim and floors.  Was my husband ever excited when he came home to that!

One year I sorted and either filed or shredded about twenty years' worth of obsolete family documents.  (Boy, I sure do miss all those phone bills and gas card statements from the 1980's!  But somehow I manage to get by.)

Last year I was feeling kind of lazy, so I "just" painted the kitchen and reorganized all the drawers and cabinets.

And this year?  Oh, there are so many options to choose from!  Should I paint the upstairs hallway and reorganize the linen closet?  Should I paint the foyer and reorganize the coat closet?  How about remodeling the "kid's bathroom" since the kids have all grown up and acquired bathrooms of their own?  Decisions, decisions!

Well, this year I have decided to keep it simple.  I'm just going to purge.  I'm going to rid my household of clutter once and for all.  I'm going to attack every hoard, hot spot and junk pile on the property until we are no longer stuffed with stuff.  

Someone call Goodwill and let them know they should hire on some extra help asap.  Cuz IT'S ON!




No comments:

Post a Comment